Friday, August 24, 2007

Supot!

Supot!


I am narrating this story because it has shocked me on what it is to grow into believing one has to exhibit machismo to be accepted.


When I was a young boy studying in La Salle Green Hills, my classmates were asking me if I’m already circumcised. I lied of course! But pesky classmates and bus mates of mine kept on asking me. I don’t want to be called supot! I felt that I’m ostracized from the school society; especially they had suspected that I’m still uncircumcised! I felt that I’m not a man. I can’t exhibit supreme control and security of my young boyish life. All I can say I was dirty and I’m not man enough!


So I took the initiative to be circumcised. Of course there was doubt and fear in my mind; does it hurt? Yes! What if it would grow again? Sue the doctors! Am I man enough to face the needle and knife? Yes! The next thing I knew, I’m in the surgical bed, and the doctors were laughing and keeping me calm. They were cutting and sewing the skin when the doctor said: “Lalake ka na! Sabay natin I-try ito!” I was shocked that someone professional like him can comment on doing the deed of men! Machismo was exhibited! It struck me because the machismo, the supreme feeling of being man, was indeed upon me at that moment! Finally I was initiated to the world of men! And the doctor’s words were my confirmation of the password having its surgery!

This experience of mine happened last year. Joke.

Many years later, I realized that the machismo I have after being circumcised was just insecurity and peer pressure. The real machismo in my life today is how I carry myself in handling real life situations and responsibilities.

##############

Bakit kaya gusto nilang malaman kung tuli na ako noon...pedophile

No comments: