Thursday, September 14, 2006

She

Alapaap

She is a big fish for all the lives she has crossed path with. May it be with her family, friends, or classmates; she shares a unique string with them that weaves everyone caught in its tangle to appreciate and treasure her. An anecdote I want to share is when she invited me and her friends to stargaze on her place. I can feel the magic that echoes throughout that one stargazing night; the string that makes her big fish to her family, friends, and classmates is her love.

Our paths had crossed many times yet we only got to know each other this past summer. When I went to a friend’s party, she was there and her beauty was truly mind-blowing. She caught my sight because her skin was white as a powder; she had big beautiful round eyes; her height made her stand-out among her friends. She had a very keen sense of her fashion. Maybe I was shell-shocked because I hid somewhere, overpowered by her looks, yet she found me. My impression of her back then was she is very shy but it all changed when I got to know her deeper. She had ups and downs on her personal relationships with significant people on her life. She got scarred from people whom she had placed her love and trust. I imagined how grave her situations back then. I sometimes wished I met her earlier and somewhat comforted her. A great friend indeed she was; I had opened my self to her. I trust her with all my heart.

As you can see, I got tangled on her string. She became a big fish to me. She held out her arms and grabbed mine. I refuse to let go because these hands would guide me through a long journey; and in this journey I would learn to love and face reality. I would like to share a moment which best describe the string she and I share, it was a dance: In the heart of the dance floor, everything was slow. I whispered to her about yesterday and the night we were having. Love songs after love songs, we danced. Our swaying bodies came closer and closer. I held her arm, i saw the pearl bracelet and the rosary bracelet. Her head on my shoulder. My other hand on her waist...and I closed my eyes. My big fish, my significant one.

No comments: